So I got up today and read my “Notes from the Universe”…
This is what the Universe said today:
Emily, please help spread the word. Here are the top 10 ways people give away their power:
1. Asking others what they should do.
2. Thinking God decides who gets what.
3. Worrying about how their dream will come true.
4. Thinking they have dues to pay.
5. Attaching to unimportant details and outcomes.
6. Believing in soul mates.
7. Thinking karma or spiritual contracts are absolute.
8. Fear of anything, especially falling in love.
9. Waiting for their ducks to line up before acting.
10. Choosing to be unhappy.
Understand the truth, little bird, and you will soar.
After reading through all of them, 1-10, I realized that I do now and have done most of these things on the list on a daily basis. Crazy.
It is hard to get out of the habit that we have been living for our entire lives, but I do feel that it is the answer to our own happiness. I try and work on it everyday, but it is something that I believe we as humans will always have to be conscious of and work out to obtain our true potential.
First off, lets take the word “work” out of it. It makes it sound harsh, when really it is our “true nature”. Take a minute and read over the items again and see whether any and/or all of them pertain to you. I know that I have experienced all of them and am just so grateful now that I am conscious of that fact. Putting it in the light is the first step to being free.
1. Asking others what they should do This one is huge for me because I have always asked others what the best course of action to take was. I never truly trusted my own intuition and guide. But with all my studies of “being happy” this is a big one. Just trust yourself and your own inner guide! That is it! And when you think about it, the only person who knows whats best for you IS YOU! Embrace it!
2. Thinking God decided who gets what I was raised Catholic, so I not only had a lot of guilt but have always been taught if God wants it this way or that, that’s the way its suppose to be. I do believe that God or the Universe has a plan, but that plan is for your highest good! There is not some man up there in the clouds saying, You can have this but not that. I don’t believe that’s the way it works. So let’s just live life with the trust and knowledge that everything is working for our better good and that whoever is “up there” wants us to have everything that we want:)
3. Worrying about how their dream will come true This one is huge for me because of my dream… I worry everyday if I am going to get this or book that or when my “ship is going to come in”. This is only dimming my light and sucking energy away from the very dream that I am pursuing. If who I am now with all my worries talked to who I was 5 years ago when I just moved to LA, that 5 years ago Emily would say “What the hell are you worrying about, you have done it, you’re there, you are successful” But because we are always striving for more and ready to reach the next mountain we miss that our dream’s are coming true right now…and don’t worry about HOW they will come true…Just trust that they will and know that the Universe/God has your back! Always!
4. Thinking they have dues to payBig one, HUGE! I am always thinking that I have to work harder than the next person or I have to go through hell to get to the good stuff. No one has dues to pay, we are here to be happy and find our bliss, so let’s do that. If we just live in the NOW, embrace our own journey, and stop thinking that something or someone is out to get us we will experience heaven on earth, promise!
5. Attaching to unimportant details and outcomes Yea, I do this, you to? If I just book this job, or get on avail for this I will be happy and I won’t worry anymore. When we try to control the outcome it usually backfires on us. When you strangle something or try to manipulate the outcome it usually pushes what you desire further away. Why don’t we try to just let go of the outcomes and details and trust that it is and always will work out for our best good. When you “let go and let God” as they say, it does usually work out better for you in the end. Let’s try this Faith thing! And by Faith, I mean whatever faith you believe in…or just faith in yourself that everything will work out.
6. Believing in Soul Mates This is a romantic one, but I love it! I do believe that everyone comes into our lives for a reason and you are in a sense soul mates. Your friends, your family, romantic partners. Let’s treat everyone as our soul mates and just let the love shine through. When you put love out there it comes back to you 10 fold!
7. Thinking karma or spiritual contracts are absolute I can imagine that a lot of us do this. I know I do. This ties into the fact that if you do this, this will happen to you or that you will pay for this that or the other in the end. That is scary to think about and puts fear in our everyday lives. Fear being present is never a positive thing. So I say, lets let go of this fear and just follow our bliss. When we follow our bliss only good can come from it. Like attracts like, its a law.
8. Fear of anything, especially falling in love FEAR is False Effect Appearing Real! We are so scared to fully give ourselves over, scared that we will be made a fool of or not be loved back. That is only limiting us from obtaining our true potential and our true bliss. Fear is my biggest enemy and I try to release it everyday, several times a day! It only keeps us stuck. Don’t you feel weighted down when you are scared or worrying about something? Truthfully, most things that we worry about never actually happen! So let’s let go of fear and fall in love!!! Only good can come out of that!
9. Waiting for their ducks to line up before acting I know I do this way to often and you probably do to. My mom is retiring in a year and whenever I talk to her and we mention something fun to do or even reading a book that she wants to read she always says “That’s what I am going to do when I retire. I am going to workout when I retire. I am going to be happy when I retire.” This pains me so much because why put something off that is going to make you happy now! You are suppose to be happy now and enjoying life now, not waiting for something to happen. And that also reminds me I can’t “wait” to be happy for when I am more successful than I am now, the key to life it to be happy now and do what you love NOW!
10. Choosing to be unhappy You don’t think that someone, including yourself, would “choose” to be unhappy, but we do. It is a choice that we make everyday in every situation, crazy to think about, huh. I just recently recognized how I was choosing to be unhappy in many situations in my life. For instance, not booking something or not doing what I wanted to be doing would send me in a tail spin of being unhappy and depressed. And that only beget more feelings of being unhappy. Not good. It was such a shock but I am glad that I finally recognized it and taking steps to choosing to be happy everyday. I do slip up sometimes, but I just recognize it, feel it, then let it go and move on to happier thoughts. So I encourage you to look at what you are choosing to be in your life and make a shift if need be, and just be happy :)
Whew, I hope that this at least puts a smile on your face and/or makes you see that you aren’t a lone in this journey.
We Got This!!!